I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Acrobats and Kung Fu shows

One cool thing I did in Beijing was caught some nightly entertainment. One added benefit was this made me stay up later and it got me in this time zone officially.

I went to the acrobats show with my French friends Maximillien and, oops I can't remember her name. We had a great time and the show was fantastic!

Balancing on a wire...



YouTube Video


YouTube Video


YouTube Video

These was a really cool part. They balance on each other, spin umbrellas in there feet and flip them in a circular loop ad catch them on there foot again, ALL AT THE SAME TIME!


All these umbrellas are spinning and it looks really cool! I'm amazed at their mad skills.


Um yeah...


The clown came to pick someone to get on stage. He walked down and looked right at me, I looked down so he wouldn't choose me. He chose Maximillien and it was hilarious. Maximillien tried to do a front flip over a rope and landed on his back lol. The clown was shocked. Everyone was dying of laughter it was so funny!


My favorite part. Spinning these ceramic looking things on these ropes. They send them flying in the air and all at the same time. It was amazing! They are so talented.


Grand finale. I think that is 7 ladies on one bike!





Ok, scratch that, this was the finale! All of a sudden every girl started climbing on the bike. I couldn't count them all. Somewhere between 10-12. The bike rider was shaking! What a show!


Only took 2 pictures of the Kung Fu show because it was tough to get good pictures. The show started out strong and got a little boring to me. I couldn't follow the storyline that well. The first half was fantastic though! Awesome flexibility, Kung fu and Kung fu training! They did some pretty impressive things. Like laying on a metal pointed bar on his stomach and laying on nails and getting cinder blocks broke on their chest. Lots of cool weapons and mad skills too. The second half was more dancing in an artistic way, not my thing I guess.





Went to the Kung fu show alone but met an annoying Canadian who I couldnt imagine traveling with. She just ripped my whole itinerary and how fast I am traveling around. So far many people have expressed that. Many did before too. I knew what I wanted though and for me it has been perfect. I would have made Beijing 2 days rather than 3 if I could go back.
I also met some Americans! Not many out here. One whose parents live in Murray! Also some awesome Chinese people from LA who were hilarious. They had just gone to south korea and hated it so bad lol.

After the Kung fu show it was downpouring. I had no umbrella and could not find a taxi. Had to go out in it. I was not a happy camper. Got drenched!! The rain felt filthy to top it off.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment