I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Gettin lazy in Osaka

After killing time at the river before check in, I finally checked in. After check in I didn't exactly check out until check out lol. I got really really lazy. It was a long day in Kyoto the day before and that long river walk took it out of me.

My hotel. And my own room and bathroom!!!!!






I was just thrilled to have a room of my own so I decided to kick back and explore Japanese television. I will provide videos if app ever let's me upload them.

I watched the end of a baseball game which was really entertaining. The crowd is like soccer fans always chanting and being way loud. Very different from American baseball. It was fun to watch!

After tv I went to bed at 5:30pm local time. Not good at all. I slept till about 2am and then again till 4:30am.

After reading a little and planning my day I thought it a good opportunity to get some laundry done since the hotel offered it and it was cheap.


Bowing in my robe. The mirror is too low. The shower head was too. I know they like bowing a lot here but making you bow to shower and see your face in the mirror...? The robe really needs one more button at the bottom lol.


And I'm finally out of the room!


After laundry and check out I was going to ship my family some gifts I got them and my two sister's birthday presents. I realized I had completely forgot to get my nephews and niece something. I decided I need to find something for them real quick. This decision proved to be the worst of my trip so far. So I'm in Osaka station and ask information where a kids store is. Note in the station there are stores everywhere. She tells me the store and I cannot find it forever! Turns out in the station are two 17 story stores. No kidding. The kids store was floor 11 of the one store! After seeing stupid stuff like gap I decide to hit the streets. Nothing but a Japanese style DI the size of a gas station store. Stuff was EVERYWHERE!!

Outside the station there was food everywhere! When you need food you find shopping and when shopping you find food. After an hours walk I give up. Then I go back to the station ticked off and fired up. I go to the other 17 story mall or store and finally find stuff, only took 2 hours. Worst part is the day before in Kyoto I found way cooler stuff for kids and didn't think to buy it.

Finally to the post office. This was brutal. No English and tons to talk about. They only take cash to make matters worse. ATM in post office rejects my card. Other bank in station-REJECTED! I realize I need a 7-11, back outside for a log walk! Gosh I'm having bad luck with this.

Anyways after a 4 hour ordeal I finally get my box shipped and at this point I have no desire to remain in Osaka.

Here is the only picture I took during the 4 hours. I'm grumpy and in the middle of the maze they call Osaka station.


Oh, and this was my 7-11 lunch which was delicious! Love shrimp tempura.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment