I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Osaka and the beautiful river

After church in Kyoto I took the Japan Railways train to Osaka. My hotel was right next to a subway station which was awesome. I got to the hotel an hour before check in so decided to get familiar with the area. I walked up and down the nearby river which was really cool. It is a Sunday so lots of people having a Japanese style BBQ.

Train ride from Kyoto to Osaka. Beautiful ride over with lots of rivers and lush mountains.






These two were so nice to me. I was asking a train worker a question and the young girl asked if she could help. These two walked me all the way to my subway. About a 6 minute walk. The people here take time and help you. Usually you have to ask but this girl lived in Vancouver Canada and studied there for a while so she had great English! The only way people are fluent and able to have a conversation is if they go and study somewhere. Everyone else says they speak a little but in all reality it is nothing.



First look at this beautiful river area right next to my hotel.













NO WAY!!!! Had to say hello to this guy and get a picture! Didn't speak a lick of English of course. All he said was civil engineering. Not sure who went but I assume someone he knows or him went to BYU. He wanted to take my picture too lol.

















Wow! So beautiful along that river. Thousands eating and chilling under those trees. I love the culture here.








Finally! I have wondered where people get gas. Hadn't noticed any gas stations, until now.


I decided to have a lil picnic myself :)





I have been meaning to highlight this. But TONS of people in Japan ride the 1 speed bicycles with the basket on the front. I want one.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment