I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Monday, April 30, 2012

To the Terracotta Warriors!

Leaving Beijing was about as natural for me as leaving work on a Friday afternoon. I did absolutely love some of the people I met! My hostel staff was incredible and I had a blast with them.
They were so funny and just loved me haha. Grace, second from left was the only fluent speaker of English and it was music to my ears! Loved her accent. I helped the others with some English. Girl second from right had some attitude that was fun to be around.



I met a guy named Brian at my hostel who had the same sleeper train to Xian so we decided to ride over together. it was nice to have a friend, even if he dropped F Bombs in the weirdest places in his sentences.


Brian and I headed to the drink cart to get some soda and hang out. As we charged our phones we started talking to this guy from LA named Ray. This guy was so interesting. He was on his way to Tibet and Nepal. He is doing a 5 day camp in the mountains of Nepal. He said he has a guide, a cook and a yak. A freaking yak lol!! He is also going to Everest Base camp. Brian is also heading to Tibet and Everest base camp so they did a lot of talking and I did a lot of listening. I kind of wanted to do it too.

This Ray guy had stories you couldn't make up. He spent a few weeks in Jordan and met some locals and ended up staying with them lol. Had some crazy stories about that. Smoked and hung out with them for days.

He was the kind of guy who it seems is like Hansel on Zoolander, meaning of course he is the type who looks at bark and wonders where it came from. Weird but cool dude. Who rents a yak! A yak!! Lol. That is so funny and cool! We talked for hours and hours.


Because of the late night chat with Ray I got no sleep. The sleeper train was loud too. Guy next to me snored and the train was like an amusement park ride at times. Also rank of foot odor. Joy.

Pics from the ride.



Found this in the bathroom... Since when did a western style toilet provide such an entrance? Come on Asia, enough with these stupid squatters!!! Still have not used one lol.


Xian!





Ok, so today was my first ornery day of the trip. Yes I may have disliked Beijing and the crazy people that are found therein but I was never ornery or tired. Today I was a bear waiting to explode it felt like. Honestly, the millions of people at the Beijing Forbidden City tour and now a million more just exhausted me. And because the entertaining late night chat I was dead tired. A yak!!

Other thing is I realized fast Xian was as big of a dump as Beijing, maybe even worse in some places. I was already anxious to leave. I liken it to going into store and realizing immediately you could never buy anything from it, but now you gotta hang around in it for a while. Not being a negative nelly here, for reals... Xian is a dump and is not a pretty place.

Also this tour was through Brian's hostel and the tour guide was so annoying. She would say everything twice and boss us around. Chinese people definitely have some personality. Our tour was also 11 dudes from all over the world. No girls. Some cool, some annoying. One guy took pictures of everything! Even plaques, something the Chinese do a lot of too. So dumb. Some I understand but repeatedly?? It's a plaque telling the history, it's not the history itself!

Not a lot of commentary, just pics of the Terracotta Warriors which were pretty cool. I expected to like this way more. I was just thrilled I had a sleeper train to Shanghai this night. Yep, two sleepers in two nights. Brian told me he was already excited to get out of this F'n country lol.






Destroyed by enemies such as Japanese and the roofs caved in like above.











This is the only warrior that 100% was undamaged when these were found in the 70's or 80's or whenever. Pretty recent though I know.























These are still being repaired. All have had to be repaired but the one.








Still in under repair zone.





Now for the dudes who are completed. This was way cool!






Um, I guess some heads are still missing... But cool eh!? It is the 8th wonder of the world!























This is the farmer who discovered the Terracotta Warriors. I guess this is his day job now...?


My mood changes and now I start to have fun again! Ah yeah.


Lol. This got everyone laughing.


Check out this Italian on my tour. The pant shorts fanny pack look. Sometimes judging is funny haha. This guy was a stud though. The Munich Germany native in the brown shirt talked my ear off the whole day. I nodded and day dreamed away lol.


We then got driven to where an empower was buried. They said he is under that mountain lol. Brian and I were laughing they thought this was interesting. The one dude of course took a million pictures and I almost said, dude let's go it's a freaking hill!!


Again, really?


So ready to go haha.





I did have a blast on the van ride back.





Xian is building literally dozens and dozens of huge new buildings. We were all confused how so many huge apartment buildings could go up. Where are the people now??


I kept waving at other buses and trying to get them to wave for my camera haha.





After intense shopping and bargaining for an iPhone case charger it was time to say goodbye. best purchase I ever made! Got a great deal!

Peace out Xian! Excited to get outta this hole and hopefully enjoy Shanghai!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment