I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Arrival into Egypt!

Arrival into Egypt was quite the adventure. I met my friend Heather here and we decided to meet right after customs. What we didn't realize is there are multiple international terminals so we were actually in completely different ends of the airport.

Upon arrival I learned this and headed to her terminal. As I looked around, I could not find her. After an hour I got a little concerned and frustrated. This whole time i had guys stalking me for a taxi ride. Gosh they are annoying! You have to get rudely blunt to get through to them. I asked the information desk to call for Heather, nothing.

5-10 minutes after he called for her as I was walking around looking I hear my name get called over the speaker haha. This immediately made my frustration disappear and I was happy to hopefully meet up. Heather was on the phone and had taken the shuttle over to my terminal learning what I did lol. Probably the exact same time I took my taxi to her terminal. How funny!

We finally met up after a couple hours of chasing our tails in the airport. It was about 11pm.

We then checked into our 5 star hotel right by the pyramids! We are stoked to be here!

View from right outside our room. Suh-weet-ness!





As you can see I am ecstatic about having a friend join me.

Taking a taxi to get sleeping bags for Kenya :)


Right outside our hotel. Amazing!


This is what Cairo looks like pretty much everywhere! Red brick buildings everywhere.


Our taxi driver listening to Rap and Love songs.


After the mall and sleeping bags I wanted to go see the Nile River and maybe do a boat ride. Heather has seen the Nile in Uganda but I had not. The entire day was open so we just kind of winged it. The pyramids are tomorrow.

We have heard Cairo is very dangerous right now. We never felt it was but people kept telling us to be careful and not walk around alone. They are in the middle of elections and a revolution.








The Nile and a boat ride which happened after a long brutal round of negotiations. When we couldn't agree I said we will just walk around for 10 minutes. He said do not do that it is dangerous for you. Our taxi driver finally got him down so we set out on the boat.


























Camels.





Locals washing dishes in the Nile.


People were very friendly and waving at us. This was such a fun boat ride!





Tons of kids swimming and jumping in.


Fishing.





Back to the hotel to eat and chill.





After a nice italian dinner in our hotel we went to the light show at the pyramids. It was cool to see the pyramids at this time of day!











Tomorrow we will be right next to the pyramids and will go in and ride a camel! The anticipation!!



No comments:

Post a Comment