I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Taj!

Let's be honest, this is why I came to India. The Taj Mahal! I was dang excited to see it and get the heck out of India.

My tour guide. He was cool.


The gate.





I give you... The Taj!













This is my favorite picture.


So the history behind the Taj was interesting. It was built by a Muslim King in tribute to his wife. His wife had many children and the King's doctor told him to quit having sexual relations or she could get pregnant again and die potentially. He didn't stop. She got pregnant and died giving birth. The King mourned and felt responsible because he knew. So he had this built as a tribute to her. Took over 20 years to build. The Taj is an architectural brilliant work and some say it is the only perfect building created.





The engraving and all work is done on marble. It is incredible!



This is Arabic scriptures. It goes about an inch into the marble. They had to carve it out and insert it. It all fits perfectly and is perfectly smooth! My guide showed this one part where it has broke off to see.


This was one piece of marble!


See all the flowers and vines below? I'll explain later the intense work that took for inserting that into the marble.


This was his wife's tomb I believe.





I had to sneak all these pictures. My guide helped distract the policemen lol.








I asked my guide if I could just sit and look at the Taj for a while. He obliged and I had a great time just hanging with the Taj :)

Our view.





Peace out Taj, it's been real!


In this moment I can say India was worth the trip. I think this is the only time I've ever thought that lol. So it was a nice visit where I felt ok with India for a short time.

After they took me to this place ad showed me how the taj was made. So much work and effort! And then of course they put the most immense pressure you can imagine to buy marble stuff. I hate it soooooo bad.





Right before the Taj we visited the Agra Fort. This building was pretty rad.












It is right down stream the river from the Taj. Got some pretty awesome shots of the Taj here.












The engraving on these buildings are truly remarkable. The history behind them I have no care for. They fed me full of it though...

Look at this! All by hand thousands of years ago.


A random Hindu temple we stopped at too.


















One other cool place outside Agra. The name I don't remember but this is a temple for all religions. Symbolism from all major religions. I thought this was cool.

This Muslim tour guide was cool! He once guided Sean Connery on this exact same tour. Tom Cruise and the Clinton's have come here too. Just outside of Agra where the Taj is so natural place to see too. On the way to Jaipur.
Me riding in my first Tuk Tuk.








Actual cobras and bats live underground so this door remains locked. Cool!









Some ritual they pretty much forced me to do...





That's me... Had to pay to do this. Geez man...





This temple is incredible though!!









Cool view.









And of course on my way out some guy tried to get me to buy something for 7 or 8 minutes while waiting for our Tuk Tuk.
Not cool. They just dont get the answer no. So not cool! But this goat was!




No comments:

Post a Comment