I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A chink in the armor

All through China, Southeast Asia and India I dreaded the day that food would not sit well with me and diarrhea strikes. Somehow, someway I have avoided ANY stomach problems up to this point. Ill be forever grateful to rice for that. I've come to love white rice!

I was shocked to learn that what first gave me an upset stomach and diarrhea on this trip was Mexican food in Dubai. That awful wretched burrito caused so much pain and discomfort in me! It made me very weak. After a rough nights sleep I had to change hotels early (because I changed my flight from India a day earlier) and then be to the Burj downtown at 8:30. I was in no mood but I had bought the ticket and had to.

I knew eating anything would be a horrible idea. I am happy to report that when I went up to the 124th floor of the Burj I felt ok. Pics.



Way out there you can see some of the man made islands. Those are the map of the world.

















After going up the stomach ache persisted and I decided to spend more time in the mall, so I could be close to some toilets :)
I did find a bookstore and read some parts of a book called the Ultimate 9/11 Account or something like that.
The bookstore and other shots in the mall.











My brother is famous here! Haha, this made me laugh.


I then began looking for a book on understanding Islam. While looking a Muslim woman was looking at similar books and I asked her to help me pick one. She was in her early 30's and not married. She was so friendly and I was able to ask her some questions. She as well hates the Islamic Extremists and just wants a life of peace. She then said lets go, I am buying these for you. I tried to explain that I would feel bad but very directly and boldly she said she was buying the two books for me and that's it! Haha. So nice of her! She gave me her card and said to email her questions and materials on my faith. Awesome woman!

Still feeling pretty weak I forced myself to leave the mall and go to the Palm Tree man made islands and the Atlantis, a place I wanted to see. Dubai's subway system is not my favorite. It doesn't run close to anything. All the main sites it seems are a 15-30 minute walk from the subway. Not feeling to walk a lot, I took taxi's the rest of the day. One was from Pakistan and just recently moved to Dubai. That was interesting.





Now on the monorail on the palm tree island going to Atlantis.





All these are still in development. This will be an awesome place!


Atlantis!





I walked around the hotel and then snuck out to the beach. Hotel security everywhere saying for Guests only.






The water was sooooo nice! It was about 104 degrees outside.






So nice!


Then I found this cool fish tank and decided to head back to the hotel because I was way weak and tired. I guess I'm human. For a month straight I have been on the move with nothing stopping or slowing me down. A chink in the armor I guess.











Of course I had to make a quick stop to see the so called 7 star hotel.





I went to bed early and hoped to overcome the stomach problems. I hate feeling like this! The Japanese sushi, rice and miso soup for lunch did sit well with me though :). Japanese food is still my favorite!

I'm so grateful to be out of India still haha. Love my hotel rooms here.




No comments:

Post a Comment