I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

First class out of India to Dubai!

Not only was I leaving India and experiencing all the joys that come with that, they gave me a 1st class ticket. I really think this is the first time I've flown 1st class. No better timing for it lol :)









Oh Man! I flew through Oman! Haha.






Here is what Muscat Oman looks like.





In the Oman airport a man right in front of me fell back and on his back on an escalator. Funniest thing I ever saw!
Here is where he fell. I had to jump over him to get off lol.





Arab's with iPhones, not sure why but it makes me laugh.


Oh joy! Dubai has never seen a happier man than me coming from India :)


Riding the subway to see the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa!!

Funny story, on the subway here there is a sitting area for just women. I happened to get on right there and then got kicked out. A security guy grabbed my arm and said YOU CAN'T BE HERE. I soon realized what was going on lol.





There she blows!


Gosh it is an amazing building! I walked to it in about 105 degree weather. Felt real dry though so wasn't that bad for me. Vietnam humidity felt more hot. But seeing the Burj does not mean it is close by haha.






Getting closer...





Finally arrived.


To go up though you have to go in the Dubai mall and get a reservation or pay a butt load to go up now. I got a reservation for the next morning. I then stopped for lunch and could not believe what I saw!!! Mexican food and Dr Pepper! Yay!!!


This was a little different from home though, there enchilada style is weak.
After lunch I decided to walk around the mall and area for the rest of the day. This mall is huge!






Right after I took this picture an Arab guy asked if I needed a pic taken, I said no thanks. I talked to this Arab guy for about an hour about Pakistan, South Africa (where he lives) and of course America. He proceeded to tell me how horrible the American leaders are fighting this war on Terror. He said he went to Pakistan and they absolutely hate the drones we use. He told me thousands of innocent people have died because of these drone attacks. He said the people want peace but a small group of terrorists has America killing thousands of innocent people and ruining lives. It was definitely interesting. This man's brother was shot and killed in South Africa too so he is a man who fights for peace. He definitely got me thinking that's for sure. His repeated question, "why doesn't American leaders confirm it is a terrorist and go after only him?"
Here is a picture of him as he walked away. Honestly he made some great points about Pakistan and Afghanistan and Iraq. It's tough to argue with a man who has been to these places and seen first hand what is happening. He was empathetic about 9/11 and said it feels the same for these countries now. This was a good guy.


Back outside for some fresh air...








Dubai is pretty cool. Honestly, the Burj Khalifa is so cool and it doesn't get old looking up at it. It is a beautiful building.

Walking around is an experience I have not quite had yet in my life. And it takes some getting used to. There are Arab people everywhere! Im glad I came here because I can see them as normal everyday people. They are drinking coffee, laughing, reading, just normal everyday things. The clothing seems to be the only difference at times. I feel it valuable to be here for my own learning about them. I believe they are a peaceful people speaking of the majority.

This is in the movie theater area. For no specific reason I just felt like doing something normal, so I saw The Avengers. I expected better. Again, Arab people all around me in the movie theater. They like to use their phones during movies a lot though.





Then I went outside for the fountain show and then headed home.









I did have an interesting encounter with a Russian girl walking to the subway station. She stopped me asking for directions and then walked with me for a while. She was fun to talk to. She wanted to meet up tomorrow. We made plans to do so. I guess I'm ok with that...

No comments:

Post a Comment