I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Friday, May 11, 2012

The Mekong Delta Excursion

After an awesome night sleep in the 4 star, I headed on a full day excursion to take a river boat at the Mekong Delta. The Mekong river is one of the biggest in the world. Goes through many countries.

Traveling solo I always get front seats it seems which is nice.











After finally getting outside Saigon we saw fields everywhere! In the fields you see these tombs or graves. Asked our tour guide Hun why and he said when people die, they don't call anyone and no one comes. They just bury them in the field. One big reason is it is a great way to prevent anyone from taking there land. They can say, "my family is buried in the land here, I cannot sell or give to the government." Pretty inventive.


Some cool park I think.


Rest stop.











In Vietnam you see some of the funniest things. You cannot believe how much stuff these people can haul on a scooter. Most the hilarious stuff I see too fast to take a picture. Here are some I captured in time.



That's a lot of lawn chairs lol.


Look at this dude carrying this metal thing!!


Typical scene of traffic. Cars and scooters all over both sides of the road. We and the car in front of us are in the middle of the road.


This kid is just standing in between the parents lol. Most people I saw on a scooter were 4 or 5. It's hilarious!


Wow, electricity looks dangerous here.


Arrival at the Mekong Delta and pics.








First stop was the market on water. Lots of these people live on there boats too. Very humbling to see.























Laid back family. Little kids and entire families are on these boats.


We stopped at two villages along the way. I will do my next blog post on the villages we stopped at.








This barge carrying sand is literally inches from taking on water. Look closely.





At one point in between villages we got onto a little boat. 4 people a boat. I had front seat. This is the hottest my trip has been, here on this little boat. We roasted for 20 minutes. I respect these people so much who spend the whole day like this.





They gave us these cool hats!


Guy jumping in to adjust the boat motor. They said this river is a sewer for many countries. There was trash in it too.



This part was really poor. Are you kidding me? I want to do something to help but what can you do? My heart goes out to these people so much!








What a picture!



Our pilot. I completely forgot to tip him and it hit me 5 minutes after he left. I was so so sad. May be tough to understand if just reading about this and not being here seeing how difficult it is for them to make a living.












That is the Mekong Delta. Had an awesome day with tourists from Canada and Europe.

YOU HAVE TO READ MY NEXT POST IN THE VILLAGES OF VIETNAM. LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment