I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Eilat Israel and Petra Jordan

Breakfast on my last morning in Jerusalem. They are crazy about their salads here. For breakfast though? Really?


Yogurts and Hummus. They are also really crazy about their hummus. That has worn off on me for sure. Pita bread and dip it in hummus with olive oil on the hummus. Mmmm!


Headed to Yad Vashem with the Baker's. Yad Vashem is the Holocaust museum in Israel. Going through the holocaust museum with a lot of Jewish people adds new meaning. I have been to the one in DC twice.


I took a few pictures of things that hit me pretty hard.


This quote is amazing.


At the end their is a hall of remembrance. See the white below the pictures, looks like lights? This is files with every name they can find who died. So so sad.


Great view at the end of the tour.


Leaving Jerusalem for Eilat, it seems like my bag is getting smaller and smaller!





Here is very typical Israeli food. Falafel's and Shawarma's with fries.


Took the bus to Eilat.








My bus neighbor. Israel is definitely a different place.


Eilat! View from my room of the Red Sea.




















Total resort town with tons of shopping.


Next morning headed to Jordan on a day tour of Petra.


I'm in... Jordan.





Made friends with some really nice people from Ireland.


The mountains are amazing. They call these the rocky mountains in Jordan.





Petra!





Tombs.


At this point it was really hot. Luckily I made friends with a Philippino girl and we had a good time.





Aqueduct to get water in.





Fest glimpse of what I came to see!





Are you freaking kidding me!! Carved out of the mountain! Where Indiana Jones was filmed.














Me and my friend Naneth. She is soooo cool! Lives in Singapore but she is Philippino. We had a fun time hanging out while her cousin kept leaving her in the dust.

















The old stadium!





The homes.


Baaaaah!





Peace out Petra. I was pretty excited to get back to civilization again haha.





The canyon leading to the cool area looks just like Southern Utah. Looks just like Lake Powell but with no water. Everyone was oooooing and aweing and I kept saying, "my home state looks exactly like this." they were all amazed! Except the couple from Arizona I met.


Indy!








Drive through the Jordan City of Aqabad.









Happy to be back to Eilat. Spent the next day relaxing on the Red Sea.








Long walks here in Eilat from hotel to the Red Sea.


I wonder how many falafel pita's I have ate in Israel...


Cool front yard shot walking to the bus stop in Eilat. Back to Jerusalem!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment