I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Wrath of India

After Taj Mahal while driving to Jaipur from Agra, I snapped. I had had it. The Wrath of India has taken its toll. The people, the animals, the filth, my driver, the pressure of everyone wanting my money, the stress of trusting no one and on and on and on... The wrath of India is what I call it. It is severe and if you are reading this you have been warned to never go. Gosh I hate it here. It is not fun anymore.

I decided on the drive I had to get out. Right about here...



I think this is when my driver asked me about my girlfriends for the 20th time and asked if i liked India and told me i am his friend...

I am done with this place. I decided I am going to do anything I can move my flight up to tomorrow because a full day of sights, my driver and some tour guide tomorrow sounds like the 6th abyss of hell.

I had to wait to get to Jaipur though to see if my flight could be moved. But prayers were ascending to the heavens the rest of the drive.

More from the road, these are huts built on the people's farms, they live in these.








I had lunch all by myself in this huge restaurant. Get me outta here!


Then came the daily ritual of let's see of we can guilt and shame this guy to death to by our crap and never take no for an answer. Easily the worst part of india. Words cannot describe the pressure they are constantly putting on you to spend money. Vietnam, Thailand, China, Tijuana... Nothing compared to the wrath of India. And people were grabbing my arm in Vietnam! But in India it all feels so negative and corrupt.





Pulling into Jaipur my driver got a ticket. I have no idea what for. He said nothing and the police are so corrupt.








We finally got to Jaipur and I hit the phone with my airline. We had to literally run over to their local branch within 10 - 15 minutes to make the change.


I paid about $125 to move my flight up a day. Minus the money I would have blown on expenses and in the never ending tip machine of India. We'll say $100. That was the easiest $100 I've ever INVESTED in my whole life. Note my jubilation after changing my flight. God answers prayers!






Of course my tour guide who had met us said we can hurry and hit the sites tonight. He's gotta get paid I guess. I was on cloud 9 and happy as a jay bird knowing I was leaving so I was cool with whatever :)



We got stuck at this point for about 10 minutes. They are so crazy.


Holy Cow it's eating trash!











Sad truth of the world... See this all the time!


My driver and guide bought me an ice cream bar here and they both just threw the wrapper on the ground. I wouldn't so they grabbed it from me and dropped it on the ground...?


This place like many in India is way cool. But once again the people ruin it for me. I am here and these two girls want me to take a picture of them. I say no knowing they will ask for money. I give my guide my camera for this picture and they hurry and jump in it. They both insist I give them 10 rupees. I had planned out my tips for the guide and driver perfectly and didn't have extra for these girls. They hounded me all the way back to the car. Finally I felt horrible and gave them 10 rupees but then the one grabbed it and ran off. We tried to tell her to split it with the other girl but she wouldn't. My guide yelled at her and her friend too but she wouldn't share. See what it's like here? It's awful! This girl had no remorse and she's a child.


I'm leaving soon!!!


I love this picture.


After a joyous night sleep I made way early early for the airport. I was so happy to be leaving this country!

The Jaipur airport was a 2.5 hour fiasco. They have no idea how to make things efficient.



Here is how Indian people wait in line. None of these guys know each other. In line the guy behind me kept breathing down my neck. Literally! Oh gosh I'm ancy to rejoin normal civilization.








Yep, men's and women's security check. Cool except there were about 3 women compared to 100 men. So one security line was rendered useless. So stupid...


Finally through and out of here!


I made sound like I have a bad attitude. Not so. This place is awful. Come find out for yourself if you don't believe me. If you like India, great, I can't stand it and am gone forever!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, this post made me laugh. Pretty sure I'm never going to India after reading this. Glad you're free of it :)

    ReplyDelete