I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bangkok!

After the Koh Samui airport had two people checking in an entire plane full of people, our flight left late.

Upon arrival to Bangkok I checked in and was off to the Bangkok ward for church. This is the most diverse group of people I've ever seen! Literally people from everywhere! It was testimony meeting, for the first time in a year or so I decided to bear my testimony which was cool. This was an English speaking ward.





After church so many people approached me. I love how warm the Thai people are. Southeast Asia people altogether! I talked to so many great people! Everyone loves living in Bangkok. Many Americans are living there.

One kid talked to me for a while about Utah and Mexican food. He has been to Utah so... We talked about burritos and tacos forever and explained them to many Thai people who had no idea what Mexican food was.

This girl also talked with me at great length. She is awesome! Her name is Pow.

After church I told her I was hungry and immediately she went to the kitchen and made me some top ramen. She also asked if she could show me around the rest of the day. Seriously! How awesome is that! I tried to stop her but she would not, so kind.

You would not believe how spicy the food is in Thailand!! Gosh this top ramen killed me! Sooooo hot! Everyone was laughing at me. The missionaries said it takes a long time to get used to.



After a long conversation with this cool guy named Jason we were off to see Bangkok! Jason has traveled all over the world and had some hilarious and crazy stories!

So my new friend Pow was showing me around Bangkok. How grateful I was to have someone who speaks the language! We first took this awesome river taxi.








You had to jump on and off FAST!!



She took me to some local Buddhist temples and explained what was going on. Thailand is 90-95% Buddhist by the way.





Here people pay to kneel and have a song and dance performed for them. Like prayer. They can ask for certain blessings too. Interesting...


All the flowers are yellow, can't remember why. Incense are burned for God and they buy and place the flowers for blessings.


Bangkok is famous for technology so she took me to some tech markets and malls. We had so much fun!



She is the coolest! I am going to show her around Utah in July. She is visiting America for the first time. She is a recent convert and is so excited to see Utah. She begged me to show her snow lol. This created so much excitement in her. I told her I would but we might have to travel a while to see it.

They use coconut in everything in these parts.


Here was our dinner. She was scared for me because of the red pricks. That is what they call Chiles. It was quite spicy but i handled it well.


This is a staple food. Missionaries said they eat it everyday. Vegetables salad of some kind. Not that great in my opinion.


Bangkok was so cool! Ive heard many people say they didnt like it. Its a happenin place which i enjoyed a lot. Would love to spend more time here actually. We saw a lot in the day and laughed tons and had a great time.

We ended it by shopping in this store that had food from every country it seemed. I bought nerds and all these snacks for food for India in case I hated the food. She made me laugh because she asked why I was getting all these snacks and no real food lol. She looked so concerned for me and my health. She asked why Americans are so fat too! So much fun with this girl! I think the highlight was her impersonating Korean people and me impersonating Japanese and Chinese people. We were rolling! Her English improved a ton too as the day went along!


She made me eat this, I loved it! Coconut liquid stuff on Mango with white sticky rice. So good!


What a great day and what a great person to show me around! I can't wait to show her around SLC in July!

Thai subway, that guys hair is nuts!


Thailand is a great place.


Nuff said!

No comments:

Post a Comment