I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Friday, May 25, 2012

My walk down the Mount of Olives

After Bethlehem we had a bunch of spare time for the rest of the day. I have wanted to come and walk around the Mount of Olives more than the small amount of time we did on the tour yesterday.

I had a fantastic time. It was very spiritual and so I will not bore you with all that. Plus some of it is personal. I documented the whole experience in my Memory Book Journal the tour gave me. I am posting only the pictures so they are posted on the Internet in case something were to happen to my phone.

In case you are wondering I walked down from the top of the Mount of Olives all the way down and to the Beautiful / Golden Gate of the old city. Then i hurried and walked through the old city and to Golgotha and near the Garden Tomb. Sooooomuch history took place here on the Mount of Olives. Most importantly this is where Gethsemane is. I stopped and documented many things on this journey. Although it could be walked in 30-45 minutes I spent about 3-3.5 hours here having an awesome study jam.













































I will say this. This is the "traditional" site of the Garden of Gethsemane. But many people, myself included believe the garden was higher up the hill because this is right next to the highway. It's hard to believe Jesus and his disciples came right here OFTEN to pray and that Christ suffered for man's sins here because it is right next to the old highway and privacy and quietness would be difficult to get right here. So to me and my religion and some religions it doesn't make much sense it was here. But many Christians believe it was. There are many other reasons I believe it was higher up where my previous pictures were. Namely the path and location and sacrifice of the red heifer in ancient times. But this traditional site is beautiful and the olive trees are incredible. But I personally believe the previous pictures are closer to if not in the actual Garden of Gethsemane during Christ's time. And most importantly it happened somewhere on this Mount and it happened.











Now facing the Mount of Olives and where I just came down.






































And then I was off back to planet earth and the hotel :)



No comments:

Post a Comment