I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cliffs of Moher and Western Ireland

The road trip continued in the rain and through some hilarious terrain highways. These highways were both funny and scary to drive on. Heather and I had a blast driving these roads. See for yourself!

Now all the highways are really tight and barely fit two cars, but this highway was crazy, does it look like 2 cars can fit here?


Watch the progression of this road...











Lol, the road is crazy! The car was hitting bottom on some parts, there were long weeds hanging over the path. We were praying no cars came from the other way. There were also huge puddles at times. I have never made a better decision than to get full coverage on the rental car haha.

At one point a small tree limb had fallen and was in the road. I gunned it and Heather screamed as I was approaching it and nailed it lol! This was so much fun, what an adventure.



The road to the cliffs of Moher were interesting. We overshot it by about an hour because someone told me the Cliffs were right in or near Galway, not so lol.





One of my favorite things is seeing the rock walls instead of fences. Ireland is great.


These mountains looked purple. Those are rocks...


The Atlantic Ocean! I can't believe how far I've come! From Utah to the Atlantic Ocean on the west coast of Ireland!





Awesome.


Whooooooaaaaaa! Almost fell in!





We are doing great right now!






What do you know, back on the road and rain clouds ahead.


Hmm...


No matter how close we got the signs said we had the same distance till the Cliffa of Moher...








Because of the rain we decided to not walk to the Cliffs of Moher. So we checked into an actual 100% legit Bed and Breakfast real close to the Cliffs.


After checking in the rain stopped and our host told us to go to the cliffs now because the weather is great and will probably be worse in the morning and we won't have to pay tonight. That convinced us pretty easily.

To the Cliffs of Moher. This is what I have been really excited to see.


I give you one of my favorite sites, the Cliffa of Moher!















We are staying down there in the little town.


Wow... One of those sites you can't stop taking pictures of.





I then got a little crazy and hopped the fence to get a closer look :) I'm about 5 feet from the edge here. Any closer is suicide because you can't tell where the weeds are over ground or air...






Now from the other side.









We then headed back into town to get some dinner ad watch some soccer.

What! There is an actual beach here! What a pretty view and picture I took.





Here was my swordfish dinner. I sure do love eating!


What an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment