I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Monday, June 18, 2012

Holy Head Wales

Leaving Kenya was both sad and exciting. I can easily say Kenya has been my favorite stop but I was excited to be back in civilization with hot water and safety again.

The flight was long but as a world traveler it doesn't bother you at all. We flew out of Kenya at 4:30am and stopped in Cairo and then continued on to London. About 8-9 hours of flying. Slept a lot and updated my blog.

These kids were so funny. The girl was really cute. They are from Canada but went to their native Libya to visit family. We switched seats a lot to give them a chance to have the window seat.


My first time to England! Really excited!





When we landed my expectations were that Heather had everything planned out for the next 4-5 days and I'd just be along for the ride. To my astonishment she said she had just done a bunch of research and wanted to plan as we go. No lodging, no transportation booked, nothing really. I'm cool with freewheeling it but after all night's travel and having the expectations things were well planned I would be lying if I said I was excited and happy about the thought of planning everything as we go.

We knew we wanted to take to the train to Wales and then the ferry to Ireland. We could either do it today or tomorrow, we elected for today. So in the airport we started planning. I was also on very low sleep from the all night flight. I personally like to have at least my lodging booked before hand so this was uncomfortable for me and I was not the happiest of campers. Heather really wanted to play things by ear and check with me before making decisions so I did understand that and appreciate how nice she is. But I also know how much planning it takes to get lodging, trains, ferries and a rental car so I was not looking forward to figuring all this out.

So when we landed we had to research where we catch the train to get to Wales to catch the ferry. It seems that much of the day was spent on my iPhone planning and figuring stuff out. A signal was tough to come by, weird cause we are in London. we took the underground for an hour and then bought our train and ferry tickets and we were off.


The train ride was great. Some beautiful country! But I was so tired and exhausted I could not stay awake.



Heather snuck this picture lol.





Look how beautiful Wales is!!





At this point, after having flown for 9 hours with hours of waiting pre flight and a layover and after taking a 1 hour subway ride and now a 4 hour train ride to the west of the UK I am ready to kill myself. Wow I was miserable on this train ride!


But I was seriously blown away by England and Wales and the landscapes.














We finally got to Holy Head and now we were off to find some lodging. Oh let's pray we find something.

Crazy Wales sidewalk.





A little shortcut I found.



We stumbled upon a little bed and breakfast and decided to stay there. This was a cute little place above a pub. I was thrilled for a bed and we were both so excited for a hot shower.









Gotta like the old style keys they use.


In the morning we had an Irish style breakfast and decided to check out Holy Head before our ferry to Dublin.






The people here are amazing! Our bartender / receptionist at the B&B was sooooo nice. And now our breakfast server and diner owner told us to leave our bags there while we checked out Holy Head. I love their kindness!











The beach here. One thing to note is it is really cold here. My first time being cold in a long long time. I left my shoes in Kenya so with only flip flops I was cold. And I still am suffering from my cold from Kenya. Better than the flea bites Heather is still always dealing with lol.








Heading to the ferry now. Dublin Ireland here we come!



No comments:

Post a Comment