I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Monday, June 18, 2012

Dublin!

Heather and I took the ferry to Dublin. The ferry was really nice!



Ireland!





We are in Dublin!


We learned fast how much pride and spirit Irish people have.








The river going through Dublin is cool. The weather was cold!









After checking into our hostel which we had booked on the ferry ride over we headed out for some food. We were recommended the oldest pub in Dublin! Food was of course after we had our laundry going! What a relief! Africa gets you filthy! So we went to get food in swimming suits in freezing cold weather haha. Good times.





My Irish stew was amazing. First of many Irish stews and soups.



Tonight we wrapped up laundry and I spent a lot of time planning rental car for the next day. We wanted to rent a car and drive around Ireland for a few days. I also miraculously convinced Heather to fly back to London rather than take the ferry and 4 hour train again. She wanted to "save money". I finally broke down it would take about 4-6 hours longer and the cost is not that much less. I've never traveled with someone more concerned about money and the saving thereof so we had to come to an understanding of each other. What's funny is I'm teased non stop among the Yates family for my cheap and frugal ways. I'm extremely frugal. I will research flights for days to save very little. But this idea of taking 4-6 hours longer to travel for a measly 20-30 bucks was something even beyond me.

I explain this to help people understand some of the interesting parts of traveling. Bottom line, everyone is different and you have to come to an understanding and middle ground and Heather and I did that well I think. I was just grateful we were flying back and had an extra day in Ireland rather than creating another travel day.

The streets of Dublin. By the way we both really enjoyed Dublin! A quiet laid back city. Pubs and restaurants everywhere!


Heather's shoes!!






The Dublin castle.









St Patrick's Cathedral.











We ate, picked up our rental car and began the adventure of learning to drive on the other side of the road, with a stick shift on the other side! Wow I was nervous. That first little bit in the car was hilarious! We could not figure out how to get to our hostel! All the one ways and we could not find a road to the north lol.

We finally made it and this was my parking job. Mirrors on the other side are so weird!!!


We are off on our Irish road trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment