I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Safari kicks off with a bang!

Upon arrival and check in to the huts we took a short rest break and then headed for our first game run! Let's do this!!!

Bam!


Obviously words and pictures cannot describe the reality that a dream of mine is coming true being on an African Safari! Holla! I was a little hyper from the excitement!


Impala!


Cool shot.


Wildebeest.





Thompson Gazelles!! And Impala! Both these have incredible leaping abilities!





A Dik Dik. Not sure on spelling.


The other van. These girls dropped more F Bombs than I've ever heard from a group of gals. They all have been upset with their placement too. They are cool and fun though.


After initial high of being in the animal reserve of the Maasai Mara both vans got stuck once.


Two Cheetahs!


Topi.


The first spotting of some lions! Oh my freaking goodness I was going crazy!!!!!!


Right when we pulled up our driver and guide Big Mike said these 4 lions are stalking that Topi you saw a couple pictures ago. We watched this female lion stalk! Action shots!!








She literally used one of the safari vans for cover! I'm goin nuts over here!











After a while the van started and pulled away.


Awesome picture!


Wow!!!





We drove in for a really close look!





What I then beheld was one of the most beautiful things I've ever witnessed in my entire life. Call me corny but it's true.

The female lion went back to the other 3 waiting and our guide said, "Now watch, they will bond! And then they will start stalking again." I had never heard of this in the middle of stalking. I knew they stalked at this time and hunted when darkness came but had no idea what was happening.

Here are my action shots of what I saw. One of the most amazing things I've ever witnessed! They fell down on each other, licked each other, played with each other repeatedly for 3-4 minutes. It was almost as if they were building team unity and building one another up. Nature at its finest! The action shots.























Look at this picture! It was almost as if on que they all looked at the Topi and came up with a game plan. All 4 faces looking ahead. I had the chills this entire time.








The 4 female lions then moved into stalking formation. One went wide left, one wide right and two up the middle. I was so focused and entranced I barely remembered to snap pictures.





This is about 15 yards in front of me.


Two up the middle. Can you see the Topi way back there on the right?


Far left.


Far right.


Stalking position again.





As you can see darkness was soon at hand. I love this sunset picture with the lions. We were all on cloud 9! What an experience! Does life get any better than this?



No comments:

Post a Comment