I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Friday, June 29, 2012

Schonbrunn!

I was under the impression we had hit the main attractions of Vienna already. Boy was I in for a surprise. If you ever go to Vienna you have to go to Schonbrunn. This was the Summer Palace for the Hobsburg Royal Family. They did royalty right here!

The front. Just wait till you see the back yard.


Bam!





My expression was, "really? Why'd they build such a small palace for themselves?" what you can't see is the palace goes as far as you can see to the right and left through rows and rows of trees!


We need censor strips for this one.


I have decided I'd like my own statue one day.


We read there was a maze in the palace grounds. Before we made the hike clear up to the other end of the palace we hit the math riddle area and maze.

This area was math riddles. A labyrinth.


I was the only one who wanted to hit the kid maze. It was pretty funny! I kept yelling, "how do we get out of here!" and when some would see me running all dramatic they would scream and run from me lol.


See me?


Move your finger Jefe!!


I made it out finally!


We then hit the big maze. This was actually tough and took us a while. I got to the middle and this tree house thing before Jeff and Jed and rubbed it in a lot haha! See there heads?





Haha!





After what seemed like forever they found there way. What they still do not know is some kid told me the right way was a dead end and from a distance it actually looked like a dead end, but it wasn't. So I literally searched everywhere else and finally went through the exit to the end hahaha! When I got up there and looked, I was so mad at this kid for telling me the right path was a dead end! But it sure was fun rubbing it into Jeff and Jed haha. I'm excited for them to read this lol.



Now to the top of the palace.

Check out the cutest little group I've ever seen!





This is one of those rows that goes on and on and on to the side!



This place is amazing.


What a shot! Danka danka...








The 3 stud muffins.





Killer view. What a good time Schonbrunn was!


We then were off to the cemetery! How exciting right? Jefe has always wanted to come here but never has been able to. This is one of the biggest cemeteries in the world.

Beethoven's grave and a memorial for Mozart.





Franz Schubert's grave right next to Beethoven's.


Johann Strauss' grave and Brohms.

Lots of dead classical composers here. All of which were Wieners at some point...


Ok, I want a statue and a grave like this... For real.


The church.


Jefe really wanted to go see the Austrian Pop Star Falco's grave as well. I played his huge monster hit 'Rock me Amadeus' and we rocked out with Falco. Good times.





Funniest thing is this couple walked up and this lady started crying and got a tissue out. I guess this guy is the Michael Jackson of Austria, but it still made us laugh haha!

Look at this headstone and pose lol.


After checking on the dead Wieners we went to eat a Austrian style Gyro called a Doner Kabob.


Ate right next to the UN Buildings in Vienna.





We headed through a park and to the Danube river.


This is where our lives were changed for evermore. People are sunbathing and swimming in this river and all of a sudden we come upon a whale of a woman who is going rogue topless. In the brief look i gave her I could swear this woman had no nipples... Nudity here in these parts is part of the culture I've learned.

This is the river that runs through Budapest by the way.


What a fun time! We headed back to the hostel, met and hung out with some chicks from Park City Utah and them headed off for the train station to go to Prague.

Jed and his huge pack became the butt end of a lot of jokes haha. It seemed on the subway it could turn into a weapon at any time. Good good times!


Final thoughts on Vienna. What a beautiful city! It is very clean and very safe. Jeff told us it is always in the top 10 for top cities to live in. The buildings and history is the only place that really overwhelmed me. I enjoyed my time here and even though I'm not huge into the arts this place demands your appreciation and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment