I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

London Walking Tour

I did a free walking tour of London for 3 hours. They don't charge but say to please tip what you feel the tour is worth. I think that's a great system. Brilliant as they might say. The rip off tours are Rubbish as someone here might say.

We started at Wellington Arch.


Here is where Wellington lived. He walked out in the morning only to see a statue of himself.


Walking down constitution hill to Buckingham Palace.


No way! Buckingham Palace!!

















I think this is the residence of Prince William. Can't recall now...


These guys are legit!


This dude in the white here crossed the barricade and the guard stomped his foot and yelled, and I mean yelled, "SIR GET BACK BEHIND THE BARRICADE NOW!" It startled me and everyone to say the least. Moron of a tourist...

Our guide told a funny story of when one group of tourists were messing with the guards as people do, one tourist tried to feed a guard a sandwich. The guard turned all orderly and dropped him with right hook lol. That's when they put the barricade up.


A really really old building. The tour had tons of information I didn't really care about so I tuned out right here.


My Dad and Mom would love this place.


Trafalgar Square.





People are stoked about the Olympics. Fun time to be in London with the Diamond Jubilee just happening, Euro Cup going on and the Olympics right around the corner.


Our tour guide was cool.


This is where the beach volleyball will be in the olympics. I can't remember this building, was busy staring at these guys playing volleyball with a beach ball and taking a million pictures. The London Eye is in the distance too.


Churchill's old bunker was accessed here during WW2.


Big Ben!






Westminster Abbey, now this is an incredible building. Kate and William were married here obviously. I kept asking, "Any Kate or Pippa sightings? Anyone?" haha, j/k.





Now in my opinion this is one of the coolest buildings in the world. This is really what I've waited to see this whole time. They saved the best for last because this building is AMAZING!

The House of Parliament.






To put this building in perspective, that flag is almost the size of a tennis court.








I really wanted to see it from the other side though.





Bam!





Incredible!





Well that ends my quick walking tour of London. Good times...

No comments:

Post a Comment