I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

I'm in London!

I'm in London! First thing I did was catch the Underground (subway) to my hostel and then headed to South Kensington to go to church.


Here is the church on Exhibition road right next to a bunch of museums. This church was just renovated and is amazing! I had a great time in church and met many new friends.

A girl named Aspen and I recognized each other from SLC and she made me feel right at home and introduced me to tons of people. I love the English accents in church :)


After church Aspen said this Scottish girl Jade invited me to join them for a group dinner. How lovely! I'm always ecstatic when people invite me for a home cooked meal, especially on a Sunday.

So I was off with Aspen and this woman Vanessa after church to get some grub. They stopped in a few museums and talked about all this Victorian time period stuff, I think Chinese makes more sense to me than what they talked about...


We boarded a bus and Vanessa, a London local became my tour guide. Seriously! I was so impressed with her knowledge of EVERYTHING.

I forget the name of this big department store. I guess Kate Middleton was just barely here a little while ago shopping with the locals. I have been praying I see Kate in person, I have a crush you could say. Come out come out wherever you are Kate.





Hyde Park! This is the speakers corner where anyone and everyone can say whatever they want. Gordon B Hinckley used to preach from right there Vanessa told me.


Oh how I enjoyed my little tour!


We had some curry and rice for dinner and I really enjoyed talking with Aspen, Vanessa and Jade. I absolutely loved Jade's Scottish accent and she got me pumped for Scotland! As cool as new sites and places are, there is nothing like connecting with others and having a good time in my opinion.

On my way to the subway station to head home I passed by Little Venice. I'm digging London!


After a good nights sleep I was off to go on a free walking tour of London Heather had recommended to me. I was early so I decided to take a stroll to look for food and through Hyde Park.



This is the Knightsbridge area. Vanessa told me this is as Posh as it gets. People here have drivers and butlers and all that Jazz.


Breakfast. A baguette and a cream filled muffin. Everything is so expensive here!


Hyde Park pictures.


Look at this tree!

















These ladies came to this bench and pulled out nice glasses and the fancy cigarettes and sat and smoked, drank orange juice and laughed. So freaking funny.






This is the hotel where Michael Jackson would stay a lot. Same with Madonna. It used to be a hospital but they converted it into a hotel. Fancy fancy!



Excited for my free walking your of London!

No comments:

Post a Comment