I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

The UK road trip begins!

This was the one part of my trip where I had literally nothing planned. I wanted to have a little bit of my trip where I literally have no plan and just do what I want. Complete spontaneity.

What would you do in England or Europe for 5 days? Call me strange but after weighing all the options I decided i wanted to rent a car and drive through England and Scotland. I wanted to drive through places where i know my ancestors lived. Of course i wanted to hit some famous sites as well. I figured since i was alone it would be fun to do as Derek Zoolander did, "try to get in touch my roots. Figure out who I am."

I headed to Heathrow first to get my rental car. I managed Ireland but driving in England seems a little more intimidating.

The London Underground.


I got to pick any one of these mini's. I chose gray.


Let's roll!





My plan was to drive to this place called Bath. My first day in Tokyo I met this guy named Pete from Bath. Pete had been traveling the world for 11.5 months when I met him. He was flying back to Bath the day after I met him. He told me to come to Bath and look him up. I lost his contact information but figured I'd check Bath out still.

Being completely spontaneous I decided to go a little out of the way to see Oxford first. The University is weird because it is not a campus University. I walked around for a while and could not find any common areas or main buildings. I did find this cool science college building though.









The business building.


I was then off to Bath. Oxford did not meet expectations. I'm sure it's cool but for a visitor there is nothing to see.

England is beautiful just like Ireland! Look at these pictures.

Wow!








Arrival into Bath was cool. You can definitely say Bath was like a nice warm bath to my soul... And then seeing how the modern is built into the ancient... it was like bath bubbles in an old antique bath tub... Lol.

Ok for reals though, you cannot have an ENTIRE city be a Unesco World Heritage Site unless it is awesome.








The old roman baths were too expensive for my blood, but the town provides enough cool stuff to fill your bath if you know what I mean.





Seriously... The whole city is a world heritage site. Never seen that as far as I remember.


This cathedral is incredible.








I ordered a pizza and then sat on one of these benches and listened to some good music and stared at the cathedral.






When I left Bath all of a sudden it hit me, "You know, even though you don't think it is that cool and you didn't plan to visit it, you better go see Stonehenge since it is only 45 minutes away."

What has become of me. I had to talk myself into seeing Stonehenge and went on a whim.

Such a beautiful drive. I loved it!




















Trippers with Trav, I give you... Stonehenge.









What can I say, as I thought this place is cool, but doesn't do it for me. All I see is a bunch of oddly stacked stones. Mysterious yes, but they are still just rocks stacked up in cool ways. I didn't pay to go in and just took pictures outside the fence.


Me sitting on the fence rubbing it in I didn't have to pay to be 5 yards further from those who did pay...


Peace out Stonehenge. Let the road trip roll on!



No comments:

Post a Comment