I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Road trip through Southern Ireland

Once Heather and I got our rental car we did not have any lodging planned so we were free to go wherever we wanted.

We first had to get out of Dublin. No easy task since I am just learning how to drive a car on the left side of the road, with a stick shift too.

We first headed directly south through Wicklow County. This is some of the most beautiful and unique country I've ever seen.



As you can see it is rainy and cold. It rained almost the entire time in Ireland by the way.


Cool little cottage.








Wow!


There is Heather stuff all over!



We stopped at this beautiful place called Glendalough that has been highly recommended to both of us. Beautiful place.














Kind of an eerie place with graves all over.








Seriously! Look at that mountain! That is incredible!



Back on the road.





I'm on the wrong side!


We then checked into our B&B in Waterford Ireland and then headed to a pub to eat and watch the Ireland vs Spain soccer game. I was ecstatic to watch an Ireland game with Irish people.








Unfortunately Ireland lost 4-0. But it was awesome they qualified for Euro Cup!


The little town we stayed in.


Waterford was cool.


In the morning we were off to Blarney to visit the Blarney castle and to kiss the Blarney stone.





Of course it is raining. Literally has not stopped since we got the rental car.





We climbed back into the dungeon area.














Climbing to the top was awesome. The tightest little stairway.











Getting ready to kiss the Blarney Stone. Tradition says if you kiss it you will be blessed with prosperity or something like that. Worth a shot in my eyes!


The Blarney Stone learned what a few ladies have learned, I'm about as good of a kisser as exists in the world...











It started pouring after we got out of the castle. I booked it for the car and got drenched. It is so cold too. I left my only pair of shoes in Kenya... Flip flops are not ideal in this!





Road trip to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment