I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Friday, June 29, 2012

Czechin out Prague!

This window sticker on the train ride to Prague made us laugh. It seems they want us to chuck our bottles out the window lol.


I'm in the Czech Republic! Country number 21!


First place we checked out is Wenceslas Square. This is a museum!

















This is a busy area of town. First thoughts of Prague is the colors are cool and things seem a little darker here. The statues are black for the most part. This place also feels laid back and cool.


There was a cool monument for those who died because of Communism and for those who resisted. I have no idea why but I thought I took a picture but I guess I didn't. Sad :(


The streets of the new city of Prague.


These 3 looked like they were on a bender! Drunk would be an understatement.








Here is a nice view of the river and some beautiful trees... Ok ok, look... I had to document this. I can scarcely remember a time a region has had this many beautiful women as Hungary, Austria and the Czech. Jeff, Jed and I all unanimously agreed! Gotta document the experience, right? Right!


What a view! This is the Vltava River and the Prague Castle area in the background.








The front of the Charles Bridge. Wow! We cross later, but first we headed to the Old Town Square.


On the way to Old Town Square.


The sidewalks here are sometimes funny. It seems there is no common type of roads and sidewalks. Lots of random stones.









The Church of our Lady Tyn is what I think this is called. Right in the Old Town Square. This square is the coolest part of Prague in my opinion.


That's a cool cathedral.





Inside.





This other church is right in the square as well.


Jeff and I got offered Marijuana, Hash or Ecstacy in this square...


Awesome!!





This is an astronomical clock in the square. It was about to strike high noon and tons of people were gathered around so we did the same.

Eventually the clock did some cool things and this trumpet player played a little tune from all 4 sides. It felt like he kept following us wherever we would go haha.


The trumpet player way up there.


I then helped myself to a Czech Gyro. They use flat bread. I didn't like the meat at all though.


Never figured out what this cool building was.


It seems to me most all great cities have a river flowing through it. There was lots of stuff happening on this bridge.








We crossed the bridge and headed up to the Prague castle. To be continued. Go ahead and "Czech" the next blog post for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment