I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Friday, June 29, 2012

Prague Castle and Czeching out

Walking up to the Prague castle was quite the hike. Like Vienna I feel as if I've been thrown back in time! What a beautiful city!

It might not look like it, but this road is really steep.


Prague baby!





Here lies one of the big challenges of Europe. We are on the castle grounds and there is this huge magnificent cathedral called St Vitus' Cathedral. But it is so hard to get a good picture because all the buildings are so tightly bunched.


Holy Moly...








This church is just mind blowing!





If you've never been to Prague or Europe you have to experience these castles, cathedrals and cities sometime in your life.





We then happened on some military thing taking place.








View from the top!!!!






We just sat and chilled for a while and enjoyed the scenery.



The long haul down.


We saw this wall from the view atop the castle. It looked sooooo cool. We thought it looked like skulls and bones making a wall. We got down to it and experiences disappointment with what we saw. What is it even!?!?


The Parliament Building.





There were these huge birds in trees above us squawking so dang loud!





Gettin looney. We all were dead beat at this point. Walking back to the hostel to take a nap and rest.


The Powder Tower.





After a good nap we got some Czech Food for dinner. I love eating!

Bread dumplings, roasted pork, cabbage and I had some amazing soup before hand.


The Old Town Square to watch Germany and Italy in the Euro Cup Semis. What an atmosphere! We were rooting for Germany because if they won my last night in Berlin would have been the finals! That would have been crazy! But it was never meant to be... I have thoroughly enjoyed Euro Cup action on almost a daily basis on my trip.





Italians going nuts when they won. There were lots of Germans and Italians.

This also provided the setting for the funniest quote of my entire trip. Jed yelled at one point, "That guy is offsides!" this German kid in front of us turned and said, "Are you Czech?" Jed then muttered these words, "No I'm Jed." lol!!!!!! The German kid looked as perplexed as I've ever seen a man look. Jed then explained he is an American and the guy was curious because they use the word offsides as well in German. Jeff and I laughed and laughed. Jed did too! Oh good times.


What a fun experience. Seriously had a great time!





This group followed us for a long ways chanting in unison!


Prague has been a blast!

We went to bed and I probably had the worst nights sleep of my whole trip. I really don't understand how Asia and Middle Eastern countries have AC and these last few European countries do not!

Awful nights sleep. Guys were partying all night at our hostel. We may as well have been sleeping on the sidewalk the traffic was so loud all night. I heard a guy puking his guts out too.

I give this hostel an enthusiastic and emphatic thumbs down!



Jed headed to the airport to fly home and Jeff and I barely caught our train to Berlin. Cut it close.

I'm going to Germany! I'm going to Berlin! My last stop abroad before heading back to the States. Crazy!

Bye bye Prague! Thanks for the good times. Prague is a fantastic city.






No comments:

Post a Comment