I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Kenya 4 life!

When I got back from the full day safari and ended up hanging out with these 4 random people. The girls must have asked me 100 questions about being a Mormon. These girls were nuts but entertaining to be with for 4 hours.


Headed out early in the morning hoping to see more cheetahs and to hopefully spot the elusive Leopord and Rhino.

What a picture! Sunrise in the Maasai Mara.











From a far far distance Big Mike spotted these two cheetahs. It was very impressive! We drove to them and we were all surprised how close he pulled up to them.


Worlds fastest land mammal!











They are hunting. They can sniff other animals from way far away. Big Mike taught us a lot about how they hunt, fascinating stuff. They are stalking.


Big Mike's accent is hilarious. We all loved when he told us about the animals.


These animals are what the cheetahs are sniffing out. They were about a minute or two away by van.


Hyena.


We then happened upon about a pride of lions. Lions never get old! This brought our lion count to 19 or 20. We lost count, a nice problem to have :)






Look at all the heads in the brush! So freaking cool!











Whoa!


I'm your friend Mrs Lion.


Saw this Hyena on the way out. Trying to snatch a baby buffalo. We almost watched a buffalo ad hyena fight. The buffaloes were not having it from the Hyenas. They look evil.


Heading out! Time to officially say goodbye to the Maasai Mara and the Maasai Land people. Gosh I love it here. Nicest people ever!


Loved my van! Me and Dan in the middle there must have talked and hung out 90% of our time together. One of the coolest dudes I've met. Dan in the back left is a stud too, loved hanging with him.


Peace out to the hut!


So we are off to Nairobi, what a success the safari was! Way above my expectations.

About an hour into the drive home we saw Jackson pulled over. He then told us he lost a wheel and we need to look for it. Um... Lol. Yep, he is serious.

Here is where it came off. His van is in front of ours.


Wow...


Didn't stop us from having a good time. Girls from the other van had music and made up a song for Jackson's wheel. Which we did find.

That blonde in the middle is who has been held and robbed at gunpoint and who was chased and robbed with a guy holding a machete and was close to the Nairobi City Center bombing. Her dad is making her go home right after the safari lol. She is from Long Island and must use the F word at least once in every sentence. Cool and fun girls though.





Finally got back on the road! Baboons on the highway!






Wow Kenya is beautiful!


The whole day driving home I talked with Carl and Dan here. From Eerie PA. Freaking love these dudes! So laid back and fun to talk with. They travel a ton so we shared stories all the time. Dan is one of my favorite people I've met on my entire trip.


Well, this wraps up Africa. We drove home all day and then chilled at our guest house till midnight and then headed to the airport for our 4:30am flight to Cairo and then to London.

I honesty think Africa is tough to beat y'all. This much information and this many blog posts should be an indication I freaking loved my time here!

The people are the best! They are so nice and welcoming. They are also so funny and fun!

Between the Maasai Land experience I had and going on my African safari, I'd say this stop tops them all. The people are the main reason. Also, African Safari has been a lifelong dream and has always been on my bucket list. My goal is to come back with my Dad and Brother one day. They would love it here and especially that safari!

I highly recommend Kenya to anyone. Nairobi is dangerous and should be avoided but the Maasai Land and safari are life changing stops!

KENYA 4 LIFE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment