I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Monday, June 25, 2012

"Scotland is free!"

As cliche as it may sound Braveheart has always been my favorite movie and my desire to come to Scotland has been a long time coming. Even though I have read some on the history of Scotland and know the movie is not entirely accurate, I still love it. This is where I wanted to get called on my mission. I have some weird fascination with a few countries and Scotland is one of them.

"Scotland is free!" is what I kept yelling while driving in my Scottish accent haha.






Almost as if on que as I drove into Scotland blue skies were ahead and the rain slowly decreased for a few minutes and then stopped. Scotland baby!!

What a picture!














One difference I noticed from England and Ireland is the bigger clumps of pine trees and actual mountains.





Then after 40 minutes it started pouring again. This sign said, "motorway flooded, use caution." I got pretty dang nervous but never saw parts that were majorly flooded.





First stop was going to be Stirling but I saw this Bannockburn area right next to it and know from my Scottish history this is where they fought the last major battle and defeated the English that pretty much solidified them as their own country.

I went through the little heritage center and they let you try on the war gear.

It's a little big on my beanie head lol.





This one made me laugh soooooo hard. I thought of my brother Garrett because he always teases me for my bean head. This helmet could not even stay on straight haha! It would slant over cause my head didnt even come close to filling it out haha! I laughed for about 5 minutes cause I can just hear him, "you have such a bean head! What's wrong with your head?" haha, I sure do miss my brother. Love ya Gar! Be back with you soon.

As you can see my head and body are straight up and down but the helmet has no chance of that hahahaha!


This one fit great!





The monument outside.


Statue of Robert the Bruce who led them in the Battle of Bannockburn.


Gosh I love this quote. All over this little heritage center. I love the Scottish people for fighting for their freedom. I'm always inspired by them.


The Battle of Bannockburn was here.


They were protecting the Stirling Castle which was behind the battlefield. Here is a cool picture. Awesome castle.



I then headed to Stirling which is a really cool place. This is where William Wallace led the Scottish in the first major victory against the English. The battle at the bridge of Stirling inspired the Scots they could defeat the English.
























A great shot of the Wallace Memorial from the Stirling Castle. I love this place.


Other scenery from the castle.





A Scottish golf course!





Stirling is great.


The old city jail. That's a fancy jail!


I then drove up for a closer look of the Wallace Monument.









"Scotland is free!"

No comments:

Post a Comment