I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Saying goodbye :(

Our last night we decided to not go to night school and rather stay at home with our family for one last hoorah. Heather really felt like making Guacamole so she got all the supplies in Ngong and we made it for everyone. Everyone loved it!


Here is a great picture of Joshua, the main man! He was sick and didn't feel like guacamole.

Real quick I finally asked Nayia if she would let me sponsor her through High School. She said in shock, "OMG! Really?!?!" It made me so happy. She told me we need to speak to her father Joshua. She took us in one night and talked to him in Maasai. He said, "Tobiko, you have something to say to me?" I asked him for permission to sponsor Nayia. Felt like a proposal lol. He was soooooo happy and said it would be a great gift and this makes him do happy. He said God bless you Tobiko!

I told him I need help with getting all the info necessary. I asked what his email address was, he said, "I do not have an email address, but for this I will go into town tomorrow and start one." the next day he handed me a paper with his email and said Julius helped him create it. Cutest thing I have ever witnessed. Words can't express my delight to all of this!


Sima is so adorable. I'm going to miss her.


Risa. They love my hat and sunglasses.


Little Timan with flies attached as usual!






Heather did an amazing job on the Guacamole. This last night was a blast!





A frog came in the sitting room and scared Fatma to death while playing cards and hanging out lol.


Our last day was going to be a lot of goodbyes to two different families it felt like, our school and classes and our host family.


This was hilarious! The dogs were playing with Timan and he didn't like it and was crying a lot. His mom handed him a stick and Timan started wailing away. I nearly fell over because he went to town on these dogs!


Then Lery started hitting them.








Because we were going to be leaving right after school we had to say goodbye to the guys going to work. I'm sure going to miss everyone.

Isaac. Cool dude.


Paul here on the right was the main ranch hand it seems. Ronald on the left.


Silas! We loved Silas! Had some great conversations with him.


My favorite dude ever, Julius! I had many many talks with him. He has traveled to Spain and do he is the only one in the village to leave the area. He is 30 so we are close in age and he is who I would ask almost all my questions too. He is such a stud and will probably stay in contact with him.





Timan and Lery are so cute!


In our last day a cow was missing, they went to find it and it had just given birth. This baby is only a few hours old.





Funniest part of my adventure in the Maasai Land! So while looking at the new baby cow, I asked about the new baby goat. Mary said it was now 1 week old and the mother as we were looking had the placenta coming out!! This long bloody strip hanging out of the goat touching the ground. We watched it fall and then Mary said, "hold on I'm going to go get the dog so I can feed him the placenta." so casual. I nearly fell over laughing and Fatma and Heather were so grossed out. I then watched the dog eat the placenta lol. I was laughing my guts out!!!

Being here has made me appreciate animals more and the people who bring us meat and milk.

The dog feasting on the placenta fresh out of the goat lol.


Fatma returned from school while we were packing and said my class and all the students were calling for me and wondering where I was lol. That made me feel like a million bucks.

Upon arrival my students in class 4 swarmed me and said they had gifts for me and asked if I had to leave today haha. Honestly one of the best moments of my life. One by one they put a bracelet on me. I was almost in tears by the thought and kindness of these little kids.

Even more came a few hours after this picture. Wow I love these kids!


My class also wrote me the cutest little letter. Gosh I love them.


Heather's class gave her a bunch too.








These kids just stared at me lol.


Went for one last look at the view behind the school.








Loved teaching these 4th graders all week.











For school lunch Heather and I gave every student a piece of candy. They were very grateful.














Never figured out why sheep do this...


Lunch!


After class had one last hug and good bye.


So sad... How after only one week!








Time to say bye to the family.





Almost forgot to put pictures of the teachers.


This guy always asked me for sweets like the kids lol.








The 3 wives together. The woman on the far right is an unknown. Sima is right below me.





Tananko is so cool.


Ah, I'll miss Sima so much. Her and Nayia are who I'll miss the most.


Had to run back to the school to give them there gifts. I left a ton of stuff for everyone. I bought Nayia a calculator since I'm sponsoring her. I'll never forget as I was walking away she yelled, "Tobiko! Thank you so much!!" in her African accent.

Mark, Risa, Nanu, Salash and Nayia. Love these guys with all my heart!


We obviously had one of those life touching experiences and are so sad to leave so many friends.


The long road to Ngong. Soooo bumpy.


We then went from Ngong to Nairobi to go on our African Safari tomorrow.

How can I sum up the Maasai Land and Olmaroroi? It is impossible. All I can say is I love the people and I will forever be amazed at how they live their life. My heart is full. They have definitely made a huge impact on me. I love the Maasai Land. Volunteering and service is the best way to be happy in life i feel i have given, but i feel because of that i have received sooooo much more. This feeling reminds me of my mission. I love hoe happy these people are. Simple / family life = happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment