I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Monday, June 25, 2012

The Home of Golf!

After heading to Stirling I was off to perhaps one of the greatest places in the world... That place is St Andrews - The Home of Golf! If you don't know I'm crazy obsessive about golf! I love it! This is somewhere I have wanted to come to for many years.

The drive from Stirling to St Andrews will always be in my mind one of the most beautiful stretches of land in the world. Seriously. The camera cannot capture it. Words cannot explain it. I was blown away and feeling on cloud 9. Scotland seems to have all that Ireland and England have in the beautiful green green scenery and rolling hills. Scotland takes it one further and has amazing mountains. I can easily say this is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.

I tried so hard to capture the moment but it was tough driving alone and taking pictures while driving.




















Scotland also seems to have a tad bit more color than the parts of Ireland and England I saw. I'm curious if Northern Ireland is similar to Scotland...?












I give you St Andrews. The home of golf! Thank you Scotland shepherds for inventing golf.








The clubhouse worker walked me outside and gave me a little tour and look around. The people just like Ireland and Wales are soooooo incredibly friendly. England people are too but Ireland, Wales and Scotland people seem to take it above and beyond. English people are incredibly friendly too which is saying a lot about the other 3 countries.

Here he took my picture. The 15th hole of the Old Course where they play the British Open some years.





I didn't go in because it had just closed. Bad luck lately with catching museums that barely closed before I got there.





Putting green right off number 1 tee of the Old Course.


The first tee! And the 18th coming in on the left.





The 18th green, right on the other side of this little fence. I watched some groups play it coming in.


To play here you have to enter a lottery two days before you want to play and they have a drawing. Some people play twice in 5 days while some don't get drawn at all for a couple weeks. The other courses close by are tee time oriented and available but not the old course. This course has been here since the year 1400!!!!!!


This guy dropped this in for birdie and about 20 of us gave him a round of applause. I'm so jealous, I want to play it! I'll be back.


You can walk right next to the holes. Here is a cool shot of the clubhouse which is only for members.









Other buildings next to 18.



Right on the coast.


St Andrews city/town is really cool!


Some church that only has some of it remaining.





St Andrews Castle, what's left of it...


I loaded up on gear! Including this cool hat. St Andrews was awesome! Gotta get back and play now.



No comments:

Post a Comment