I'm Going Around The World!

You are now officially Trippin with Trav!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

I'm hungry for some Hungary!

I have been looking forward to this part of my trip for a long time now. I am meeting my friends Jed and Jeff in Budapest Hungary and we are visiting Budapest, Vienna, Prague and Berlin! Jed will head home after Prague but Jeff and i will go to Berlin together. Sooooo excited to Travel around the final leg of my trip with two of my best friends!

A huge bonus is Jed served his mission in Hungary and Jeff served his in Austria. So Jed speaks Hungarian and Jeff speaks German. Suh-weet-ness! I left it up to them to plan this entire leg of the trip as well so I'm on a vacation from my planned vacation! How great is this going to be, Europe with my personal tour guides and best buddies!

I love stuff like this that sounds so weird...


Budapest!! This is the heart of Budapest you see.





Never noticed before that when your plane descends an empty bottle like this will start to compress and make noises like someone is squeezing it...


Love pictures like this...


In my shared taxi to my hostel to meet Jed.


Budapest.














Opened the door to the hostel ad here is what I found... Here lies the effect of a long flight across the Atlantic. After snapping this picture I proceeded to jump on the bed and jump on Jed repeatedly. Followed by a huge hug :)


I gave the hostel my laundry, hopefully this is my last batch of laundry for my trip. Jed slept and I read up on the Miami Heat winning the NBA championship. Our time will come Jazz fans, our time will come...

After Jed woke up and I got done with my catching up with American news we were off to eat and check out Budapest!

So glad to have a good friend with me now. Awesome picture!


Already see some fun culture.





This is a Hungary staple. Called the Chicken Paprika with Egg Gnoche. One of the best meals of my trip, so freaking good!


This is what Jed got. Another staple. Stuffed cabbage, beef and bacon inside.

Dinner was my first opportunity to hear Jed speak Hungarian. Very impressive. And so helpful! Jed does an amazing job of explaining all the cool Hungarian stuff.


The Danube river flowing through Budapest.


Mount Gellert.


We then hiked up to Mount Gellert to get a view of Budapest. This was awesome!

Cool statue on the way up.


At the top is this awesome World War 2 monument. All the states are copper.


Guy wrestling a dragon of some kind...


Look at this amazing view of Budapest!


It was interesting to learn one side of the river is Buda and one is Pest (pronounced Pesht). They combined them to be Budapest (pronounced Budapesht).


That to the left is the Buda Castle!


Close up. Now that is a cool castle!!


It's me :)


Jed and I sat up here as chatted for about an hour and just enjoyed the view. So happy to be with him. Jeff is meeting us tomorrow and I'm stoked about that too.

Awesome night.



No comments:

Post a Comment